Finally! A chance to update. And do excuse the quality of the pictures, I had to use my iPhone because I left my camera in the bathroom and couldn't find it for a few hours..hmmmm.
Today I cut all of the blades for the head piece and shaved some of the foam into a pseudo-torso. It's not really looking like much yet, but in the next few pictures and descriptions you'll get an idea of what I'm doing.
First, I put my super scary three dollar mask on the ground and drew the blades I wanted off a few references, as thus:
Woo! That looks pretty darn scary. Now onto the cut out blades and a picture of the ugly rug in my living room. I just used these blades as a patter to create a back and a front, which I'll glue onto a thing dowel, and over a piece of thing foam in the same shape as the blades (giving them depth and a place to hide the dowel).
Actually, now that I look at it I think I arranged the blades wrong. No matter! I'll get to figuring that out when I start adding them to the foam head, as seen crudly put together on a ladder in my garage with a skull added for thematic effect...
Eew! That's blurry, but you get the idea. I've still got a lot of figuring out to do with this stupid foam, but the shape is there.
Well, that's it for now. I'm going to cut some foam and start some gluing tomorrow. I'm going to leave you, my lovely readers, with an awesome song that you can make costumes to and pretend you're a spy:
Yours in EEEEEEEEEEEEK!