Monday, May 25, 2009

Masks

Hi everyone! I've finally started on the fun parts of the costume, which are more or less anything that doesn't involve engineering.

The stand/harness whatever is completely built and padded and the blades have been (sort of) secured onto the foam head. I also did a little bit of draping to see how the colors I picked out for the material were going to work on the top half of the body. I've made the shoulders smaller since this part (I actually hammered them, lol) , so I'm going to put the whole thing together again tomorrow I think, see how that turns out.

Anyway! Here is a picture of the mask I'm working on, she has magic sculpt on the top, plus a bit of my own touch in the taxidermy eye....I just couldn't help myself.


Anyway, this is going to be a longer post once I get a lot of her together tomorrow after buying more plaster (I had a failed paper mache' experiment a few minutes ago...disasterrrr!)

Keep reading! ;D

~Holly

2 comments:

Conscript said...

It looks nice so far, though it's probably only a portion of the total outcome. I just wished I could do what you do

Tom Banwell said...

Looking good, Holly!