Saturday, September 5, 2009

9 Sculpture part 2, and a job!

Well after months of agony, I'm finally employed! And ironically it's only 15 minutes from where I live right now. I'm working at a company that makes sculptures, monsters, and pretty much anything for theme park rides, costumes, movies, museums, what have you. They're very awesome, their most recent project is the massive new 40 foot tall dragon for the Fantasmic show at Disneyland. Super cool! I'm working on character finishing (which is like, adding clothes, fur, horns, hair, etc to finish animations and sculptures) and in mold making and tooling. So! I'm busy, but not busy enough to stop working on my various projects....so here's the new pictures of the 9 sculpture:


I just threw some of his pieces on him with hot glue to see how they'll look, and I was pleased with the overall idea. I'm going to "sew" that leather on, like a piece of skin, and maybe add a bit more. The eye is a taxidermy eye covered in epoxy to look wet and the skill has been dyed twice and painted with black paint.Another view....anyway, this is a very early stage, he's going to get a big neck, a wooden mount, coats of latex, super scary clock parts, maybe a pair of duck wings....we'll see. Anyway, keep watching for more updates! I'll be posing again soon....

~Holly

4 comments:

TotusMel said...

Super congrats on the new job!!!! The sculpture is looking amazing as usual...I'm just so happy for you!

Tom Banwell said...

Sounds like a great job for you, Holly!

Lady Lavona said...

Congratulations Holly...all your hard work (slavery...ha!) paid off! Someday when your a rich and famous old lady you will look back and laugh about how you started off working your fingers to the bone making puppet clothes!

Can't wait to see how this skull turns out!

xo Lavona

ArtSnark said...

Congrats on the cool job! Love the way your creature id coming along