Wednesday, March 10, 2010

N7 Fabric Adventure

Well, while running a few errands today I ran into the most amazing thing....

In Mass Effect 2, there's this weird, meshy, woven, material underneath the solid armor in the N7 suit.

This fellow is wearing the man-version of the armor I'm making...


And now, look at this totally fantastic vinyl I found...



Isn't that amazing?! I was so excited. Now I don't have to paint something, or weave it, or stare at it until it melds into what I want.

So when I was at the fabric store, the lady that usually cuts my fabric (not sure of her name, picture skinny nice old lady) asks me, as she usually does, what I'm making. This time it goes like this:

Fabric Lady: "So what are you making this time?"
Me: "Space armor."
Fabric Lady: "Oh neat! And you're getting married in it right?"
Me: *laughs* "I wish, if I find a guy who'll marry me in space armor I'd be all for it."
Fabric Lady: "Oh I'm sure he's out there. Wearing an alien costume."

...........

good times.

9 comments:

TotusMel said...

That conversation was Awesome.

Tom Banwell said...

Ha ha! Too funny!

Eleni said...

Ah, that fabric is just right! And your fabric lady is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

unovian said...

If you'd make me an alien costume, I'd marry you! :D

Kelliente said...

Hahaha. Go fabric lady!

Teale said...

I have some really high-res pics of Shepard, and Ive been looking for the under-suit fabric as well... It actually has a kind of checker-plate design to it, but this one is still as close as Ive seen

Teale said...

The closest Ive managed to find is a textured neoprene, which is wetsuit material. It has the checker plate design but not as closely spaced as the N7 under-armour. Im thinking that even vinyl has to be better (cooler) to wear than neoprene rubber!

Scott Linting said...

Whatever happened to the Vinyl undersuit tri-weave? How was it unsuccessful?

I myself have been wanting to do a Male N7 suit, but had very little luck finding the right undersuit.