Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mass Effect Movie

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/05/mass-effect-video-game-on-way-to-movie-screen.html?loc=interstitialskip

Well, there it is. They've officially announced a Mass Effect movie. I'm excited, to say the least, but I'm more excited that it's only in the early stages of development. Why? Because if the world loves me one day I'll be working on that movie, or a movie like it, making/sculpting costumes. And I'm definitely going to try to get there, I don't think it's an impossibility at all.

So here's to hoping, and hoping that the masquerade goes well and so does giving out my portfolio.

Argh!! MOVIE!!!! ok I'm done. Well not really, because I'm super excited to see Garrus. Now I'm done.

Anyway, I've gotten a lof of progress on the N7 armor and grunt, I just haven't taken any pics. Early next week I should have some video of Grunt's head....but animated.....!

Keep watching!

4 comments:

Eleni said...

I talked about the Mass Effect movie on my blog back when I first heard the rumors...
http://rpgcalledlife.blogspot.com/2008/11/mass-effect-movie.html
That was a while ago, so I'm not sure I'd still say all the same things, but my overall feeling of uneasiness stands. It's the general consensus that no good movie has ever been made from a video game (though we're all waiting for the weekend to see how the reception for Prince of Persia turns out), so I'm worried that the movie might dishonor the Mass Effect story.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the animated Grunt's head!

Holly said...

Ugh you're right, of course. I also agree with you, it REALLY needs to be a femshep. I hate the male, typical version of Shepard. My female shepard has so much more of an interesting persona.

Plus, the story of Mass Effect is so deep, there's no WAY they'll be able to get all the levels it presents into a movie. Which is sad.

But anyway, I really just want to make the costumes, I don't even care if the movie is a turd pile, and here's hoping it's not....haha

unovian said...

Hope you get to work with the guys at BioWare and Legendary pictures, would be great!

Personally I love the male Shepard and hope for a cool male Shepard to take the lead. :)

Eleni said...

Haha, even if the script and the actors are disappointing, at least the costumes can look awesome!

I just gave you an award on my blog!

Geek Girls Unite! blog award

I love having you as my geek girl blogger friend!