Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year!

Hey there everyone!

I've decided to start posting more of my insightful, tutorial-based posts because the new season of conventions and sleepless nights has started. Get ready for a tornado of raptors.

Sometimes in the off season of conventions, I feel like I forget what we've accomplished that year. 2010 was an awesome year. I got the best group of friends to help me make the best costumes I could, in one last space-explosion at the comic con masquerade. We did it, better than I'd ever hoped for, and in the process I got a lot of new friends, supporters, compliments, and a random part in a major motion picture. Speaking of which, my plans for 2011 are going to be revolving around making new costumes, promoting Crabcat, waiting for Comic Con Episode 4: A Fan's Hope to come out so that I can see how ridiculous I look on the big screen, and then not-so-patiently waiting for ME3 and the conclusion of Shepard's story (DIE REAPERS DIE).

If anything, this year has changed me a lot. In what I want to do with my life, and what I want to do to give people something they will remember. Bringing games to life like we did really made a difference, I think, and gave people something else to escape reality with.

But either way, we have a saying that comic con gets better every year, and hopefully that stands true this year as well. So thanks to everyone that donated, and that became a part of this awesome new costume-creating group of awesomeness.

Awesome. (again)


~Holly

5 comments:

Artelios Rosewater said...

Loved your ME2 costumes. Keep up the good work and can't wait to see what you produce this year!

:)

Anonymous said...

You Still Helping to make the Samara Costume?

caio_cantarin said...

i live and brazil..
mass effect isn't popular here, But this costumes that you make ? no one ill ever see one of those around here. I just saw on youtube !!! WOW !!
YOU ARE VERY TALENTED !!
congratilations , really nice job

Eleni said...

It was a very exciting year for you (at least, what bits of your year I glimpsed on your blog were awesome). I hope 2011 brings you even more excitement and opportunities, and I very much look forward to Comic Con Episode 4: A Fan's Hope, as well as Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, and Star Wars: The Old Republic, of course :)

Brent said...

Good post.

"Bringing games to life like we did really made a difference, I think, and gave people something else to escape reality with."

Well said.